Friday, March 16, 2012

Is it April yet?

I have been ALL kinds of distracted this month. April 18th is Andy's son's birthday -- Anthony will be 4! I LOOOOOVEEEE parties, especially planning them. A kid's birthday party? SHUT UP. Needless to say, I've been on a planning roll. So much so, that it's completely slipped my mind that I have a CMA certification exam on the 30th of this month that I haven't studied for. Oops?

I know I should really be studying and I REALLY need to stop swiping my Chase card so often, but party planning is way more fun than studying. So sue me.

Because Anthony is a boy and he's turning 4, he's into cars.. as in "Cars," by Pixar. Duh, right? What little boy nowadays doesn't like "Cars"? I immediately starting Google searching for party ideas and inspiration for a Cars-themed birthday party (two of my favorites are from Kara's party ideas and So Wonderful So Marvelous).

My favorite part of planning so far has been making the invitation from scratch. I had to learn how to use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator CS5 just to make the darn things, but I FINALLY figured it out (like 3 weeks later) and came out with a great design!


Yes, I had to censor some stuff.


Cool, right? The coolest part is the barcode, where I hid some fun info about Anthony: his age, his birth date, and the time he was born (04, 04182008, 0759). As Andy would say, "it's so meta." I can't wait till it's closer to the party and I can post more of what I've been up to. :) Wait until you see the cake!

That's all I got for today, kids. Stay tuned for a post this week about hamantaschen. Hummawhat?


Hugs and fishes,

No comments:

Post a Comment